A simple recipe to make for a Mothering Sunday treat. These are rich and irresistible biscuits with a lovely peanut -y flavour and crumbly texture. So good you may want to make up two batches. Makes 18
100g/4oz unsalted butter
75g/3oz dark brown sugar
100g/4oz crunchy peanut butter
1 tsp vanilla
175g/7oz self raising flour
100g/4oz dark chocolate, chopped
1. Cream the butter and sugar together until the mixture is light and fluffy. Stir in the peanut butter.
2. Mix the egg and vanilla together and gradually stir into the mixture.
3. Sift the flour and salt together and fold into the mixture. Stir in the chopped chocolate.
4. Place heaped teaspoons of the mixture onto 2 greased baking sheets. They spread during cooking so leave room for that. Flatten the mixture slightly with the back of a wet fork.
5. Bake at Gas 5/180C for 10-15 minutes until lightly browned. Allow to cool on a wire rack before serving.