Baked Egg Custard with Marinated Pepper Strawberries
- 110ml red wine
- 10g pink peppercorns
- 50g sugar
- 1 punnet strawberries cut in half
- Marinade above together for a 2 hours minimum
Egg Custard oven 160oC
- 400g double cream
- 175g full milk
- 4 egg yolks
- 2 eggs
- 90g sugar
- Whisk the sugar, eggs, nutmeg and egg yolks until light and fluffy
- Boil and add milk/cream and mix to egg/sugar mix. strain into ramekins or oven proof tea cups. Cook in a water bath – water ½ way up mould.
- Bake for 50 minutes approx. At 160oC . Cool down then keep in refrigerator. Serve turned out in a dish surrounded by the fragrant strawberries. Or if taking them on a picnic poach the egg custard in a small jam jar about 2/3rds full. When cold add the marinated strawberries and place on the lid.