Rhubarb Panna Cotta with Roasted Rhubarb
This is a creamy light dessert, the roasted rhubarb is a tasty, seasonal and colourful addition.
For the roasted rhubarb
500g/1lb 2oz Fresh Rhubarb cut into 3cm/ 1 ¼ in pieces
2 tbsp castor sugar
4 tbsp apple juice
For the Panna Cotta
75g/3oz caster sugar
150ml/5 fl oz double cream
2 leaves gelatine, soaked in a bowl of water until soft
300ml/11fl oz buttermilk
1. First roast the rhubarb by heating the oven to 200C/Gas 6. Place the rhubarb in a roasting tray sprinkling over the sugar and apple juice, roast for 10 minutes or until just tender.
3. Blend 125g/5oz of the roasted rhubarb to a purée in a food processor. Reserve the remaining roasted rhubarb.
5. Now on to the panna cotta, in a saucepan bring the sugar and cream to a simmer, stir continuously until the sugar has dissolved. Squeeze the gelatine and add to the pan, continue to simmer until dissolved.
7. Add the rhubarb purée and stir until well combined, remove from the heat and set aside to cool. Add the buttermilk and stir well.
9. Place 4 ramekins or dariole moulds on to a baking tray. Place a piece of the reserved roasted rhubarb onto the bottom of each of the moulds, pour the panna cotta mixture over. Chill in the fridge for 1-2 hours or until set.
11. To serve, remove the panna cotta from the fridge. Dip the base of each bowl in a pan of boiled water for a second or so . Gently slide a knife around the edge of each panna cotta turn out on to the centre of a serving plate. Spoon the remaining reserved rhubarb complete
12. with juices around the edge of each serving plate.
Nutritional Information provided by - www.firecracker-uk.co.uk