Chicken Stir –Fry with Mango
Stir fry’s are always popular as they are so quick and versatile. Alter the vegetables according to what you have available. The mango in this stir-fry gives an exotic twist. Make sure you use British Quality Chicken for the best freshness of quality and taste – look for the Red Tractor and Union Jack on the packs. Serves 4
2 tbsp oil
4 x British Quality skinless Chicken Breasts, cut into strips
1 clove garlic, thinly sliced
2 cm piece root ginger peeled and thinly sliced
200g pack egg noodles
Juice of 1 lime
1 tbsp chilli sauce
1 tbsp toasted sesame seeds
2 carrots slice and cut on the diagonal
150g/6oz mange tout, cut into strips
1 red pepper, deseeded and cut into squares
1 mango, peeled stoned and sliced
2 spring onions, trimmed and sliced
1. Heat half the oil in a wok or large frying pan until pan very hot. Add the chicken and cook until tender, remove and set aside.
2. Add the remaining oil to the wok and fry the garlic and ginger for 30 seconds until lightly browned.
3. Meanwhile cook the noodles according to the packet instructions, drain and reserve some of the cooking liquid.
4. Mix together the lime juice, chilli sauce and sesame seeds.
5. Place the wok over a high heat add the carrots, mange tout and red pepper and 3 tablespoons of the noodle cooking liquid. Stir-fry for 3-5 minutes until the vegetables start to colour but retain their crunchiness.
6. Add the mango, return the chicken to the pan with the noodles and the sauce mix. Toss together with the vegetables and a further 2 tablespoons of the cooking liquid. Cook for a further 30 –40 seconds. Serve immediately.